Live large this autumn/winter with oversized bags and the superclutch.
Size does matter! If you’re like me you will know the aggravation of trying to fit all the essentials into your handbag. And with the temperamental weather forcing us to blend wintry with fading summer - I now need more room to stow away cardigans and light jackets!
Thank goodness then for leading fashion brands and their clued up designers.
Totes are back and bigger then ever before. Patent is the chic leather update, leopard is the must-have print and metallics continue to add sparkle to any occasion.
The return to old Hollywood glamour lingers on: beautiful clutches are highly desirable. Crafty designs that take you from day to eve are even more covetable. The emergence of the superclutch gives the added benefit of being able to fit more then just your lipstick in them too.
All this talk of handbags has definitely upped my heart-rate. Unfortunately, the same does not apply to my credit limit! Surely there must be a way to enjoy the benefits of a luxury brand without living on pot noodle for the next ten years?
Fear not fashionistas. The solution is simple and stylish. There’s no need to turn green every time you spot a celeb with the latest ‘it-bag’.
Renting is all the rage. So bid adieu to maxing out your credit cards and log on for all the latest trends at your fingertips. Two fabulous websites tailor-made for the designer appetite are bagborroworsteal.com (my personal favourite) and fashionhire.co.uk.
Making a commitment has never been so effortless. By joining as a member you are entitled to low weekly or monthly rates on a wide range of current season accessories. You could even sign in as a guest first, try it out and then decide if you’d like to join later. It’s pure genius. I’ve always struggled to reach a decision on exactly which costly bag to purchase. Now there’s no need. I can have them all!
If you prefer hanging on to them for longer (like a lifetime) – make an investment. Selfridges is the ultimate destination for anyone looking to splurge. I also highly recommend a wander down New Bond Street. Flagship stores have a wider variety and sometimes a better price too. Also within easy reach is arguably the best high-street in London. Most stores on Oxford Street have designer inspired items that promise to tickle any pocket.
There are loads of options to explore. Stores to visit. Websites to browse.
The good news is that indulgence has never been this cost efficient.
1. BCBGMAXAZRIA from £6 per week bagborroworsteal 2.Topshop £18 3. River Island £19.99 4.Prada £130 5.Oli clutch £10 oli.co.uk 6. River Island £19.99 7. Luella £495 8.Monsoon £28 9. Charm and Luck from £6 per week bagborroworsteal 10. Donald J Pliner from £30 a week at bagborroworsteal 11. Felix Rey from £13 a week at bagborroworsteal 12. Accessorize £25
1. YSL from £95 per week 2.YSL from £80 per week 3.Tylie Mailbu from £30 per week 4.Topshop £30 5.Wallis large £35 6. Miu Miu from £80 per week 7. Prada £70 per month 8.Suzy Smith £125 9. Shellys £40 10.Shellys £35 11. Miu Miu £70 per month 12.Shellys £30 13. Russel & Bromley £255 14.Russel & Bromley £225 15. Russel & Bromley, £245 16.Russel & Bromley £245
1. Chanel from £95 per week bagborroworsteal 2. Prada £95 per month 3. Principles £32 4.Principles £65 5. Oasis Bag price not available 6. Principles, £32 7. Jimmy Choo £1595
8. Jimmy Choo £895 9. Gucci £60 per month 10. Jimmy Choo £40 per month 11. French Connection £60 12.Dune £80 13. French Connection £45 14. Francesco Biasia £115
16. Evans £25 17. Evans £15 18. Dorothy Perkins Holdall £12 19. Dorothy Perkins £20
1. Dorothy Perkins £25 2. Dorothy Perkins £20 3. Donald J Pliner from £13 a week at bagborroworsteal 4. Debenhams, £20
5. Debenhams £70 6. Debenhams £25 7. Debenhams £20 8. Chloe, £70 per month
9. Chloe £70 per month 10. Bottega Veneta £50 11.Accessorize, £40 12. Accessorize £40 13. Fendi from £60